We all are connected through wires, technically. There are some appliances in almost every house which is connected through cables. Whether it is television, internet connectivity, or any other appliances, almost every one of them is connected through a wire. Wired transmission is very safe and doesn’t radiates or loses any of its signals while transmitting it from senders to receivers.
That’s why it is considered the safest. But, as we know that everything has two sides, it also has its drawbacks as well. It can not be used to transmit signals to long distances. This is one of its significant drawbacks. That’s why we started searching for something which can be transmitted to very long distances, and we found the one as well, wireless transmission.
As almost every appliance is becoming wireless. Whether it is telephones, internet connection, printing machines, and many more such things, all of these are becoming wireless. Therefore, the connection between televisions and cable providers is also heading to makes it completely wireless.
To achieve this goal, many new advancements are made in the television as well as in the cable providers, and some new gadgets are also discovered, which will also help us to achieve our goal of making television cables wireless entirely.
In this article, we are going to discuss how cables are becoming wireless and what tools are used in this futuristic technology. We will also select the best ones for you. So, let us begin now.
What is a Coax Cable? Where is it Used?
We will first understand what a coax cable is and where it is used and some other facts as well.
A coax cable is a wire discovered to transmit radio signals from one end to another. Transmission of signals through a wire is an old idea that was welcomed very passionately, and then its usage spread across the globe in just a matter of time.
It was so effective that we could send radio signals to other devices with a very negligible amount of loss of radio signals. It has got some inner and outer layers that protect radio signals and keeps them inside of wire, and therefore, it doesn’t radiate neither gets lost anywhere else.
It is used in many places and appliances like Domestic radio & television, Satellite antennas, Test systems, Data applications, Within equipment, and Many more. We have confined our discussion only to the national radio and televisions, as this is the most common thing we can relate ourselves to.
Either we take a cable connection for our television through a cable operator, or we get it from satellite-based cable operators like dish antenna, etc. Both transmit their signals through the coax cable. Talking about dish antenna, then we connect antenna through a coax cable, which transmits the signals to the television. That’s how a coax cable is used to transmit the signals.
Best Wireless Coax Cable Transmitters
1. Nyrius 5.8GHz 4 Channel Wireless Video & Audio Transmitter & Receiver
This one is our first choice, and if you want the best one for you, then this should be your first choice, especially for those who are new and don’t have much idea about it. It has got quite impressive ratings and reviews as well.
Accessories and Look
Talking about its accessories than as it states, you will get a transmitter and a receiver with some wires as well. This will help you to connect your transmitter to the primary cable wire. Then a wire will help you to connect your receiver with your television. Then the transmission between transmitter and receiver will be wireless
It has got an extended coverage of around 225 ft if used in open space. This is quite an impressive offering. You don’t have to worry about ceilings and walls as it can transmit through them without losing its efficiency and performance. Its frequency range is 5.8GHz and works for four channels as well.
Overall, a fulfilling device that is budget-friendly and worth its price as well.
- Easily stream your satellite/cable, DVDs, gaming console and more to any TV wirelessly using RCA connections - Not compatible with HDMI. Product not intended for audio specific usage such as speakers or subwoofers, rather for transmission of audio/video signal from source device to display.
- Transmit standard definition audio and video seamlessly from one room to another without the hassle of installing messy cables
- Powerful long range 5.8 GHz signal transmits video and audio up to 225 ft (clear line of sight for maximum range, obstacles such as walls can reduce range to approximately 50-65ft). Transmit through walls, ceilings, and floors (range/signal quality will decrease based on environment)
- Change channels, pause your movie - control your device from another room with the remote extender
- 4 selectable channels to avoid interference with other wireless devices
2. Actiontec Wireless HD Transmitter & Receiver Extender Kit
What we have here is a bit of expensive than the previous one but it worth its price.
Accessories and Look
Accessories are the same as earlier, which is a transmitter and receiver with some required wires. Its design is a bit compact and looks stunning in the black color scheme, and its horizontal arrangement gives it the best stability as well.
Specifications and Quality
It can cover every corner of your house, so you don’t have to worry about if your bedroom lies at the corner of your house. It can transmit through walls, ceilings as well without any loss or defects in its performance and quality. It can be used to remove HDMI cables as well. Therefore you can connect your television and your gaming consoles as well. This will give you some extra experience as well.
Installment is also easy, and its compatibility is also impressive as well. You can see your television in 1080p picture quality, which is more than enough and ensure you get the same quality in every television you connect it with.
Overall, a bit expensive but with a lot of specifications and some impressive features as well. Best for those who have HDMI connected devices as well. Best for the gamers as well.
- MOUNT HDTV ANYWHERE WITHOUT THE WIRES – Replaces HDMI cables with wireless technology, so you can stream full HD directly from your cable or satellite box. Ditch the HDMI cable and mount your HDTV anywhere, without sacrificing quality
- HD DIGITAL SIGNAL FOR MOVIES & GAMING– Wirelessly stream clear, 1080p HD 2D/3D video and digital audio (5.1 surround) through walls, floors & ceilings, to your HDTV or projector up to 150 ft away to watch movies, TV shows and do online gaming.
- SUPPORTS HDMI DEVICES – This wireless video HDMI display kit works with TVs and projectors with an HDMI input. The device wirelessly connects to most cable, satellite, Blu-ray, set-top boxes, and other media and gaming consoles with an HDMI output.
- NO WIFI REQUIRED - Place a TV anywhere within 100 feet from the source with included transmitter and receiver. Simply connect the transmitter to a set top box, gaming console, or other HDMI output device and connect the receiver to any HD display.
- USE YOUR EXISTING REMOTE CONTROL – MyWirelessTV2 allows you to use your existing device’s remote control from any room with its unique pass-through infrared ports.
3. PAKITE 5G Wireless HDMI Extender for TV Audio Video
A power-packed and high-tech transmitter and receiver for your television. Beautifully designed and loaded with some new and exciting features.
Accessories and Look
Talking about its accessories, then you will get a transmitter and receiver with an IR extender and some required wires as well. Its looks are stunning with dual antennas, and its front light schemes make it more eye-catchy. Black color scheme suits at it’s best.
Specifications and Quality
It offers a lot of specifications and features. One of the most impressive features is its coverage range. It can cover 400 ft with ease and can go for 492 ft at most. It is compatible with almost every device, whether it is your television, desktop, laptop, gaming consoles, and many other coax cable or HDMI cable operated devices.
It also supports 3D picture quality and offers you a video quality of 1080p with ease. It also transmits signals even through walls and ceilings with a feature of 5G as well.
Overall, a fully loaded wireless coax cable transmitter with a high price and some good ratings and reviews as well.
- 【Support Full HD 1080P,5G High Speed Wireless Transmission】PAKITE HDMI wireless transmitter and receiver input/output resolution supports 480P,576P,720P and 1080P,make the receive image and sound clear,stable and colorful without noise.Besides,with strong anti-interference,faster transmission speed by 5G Wireless dual antenna signal,you can enjoy superior video audio quality at home or office.Note: A delay of less than 0.2 seconds might occur due to data compression- Not recommended using for PC
- 【Plug&Play&Easy to Set】Easy to install,true plug and play set up eliminates the need to install expensive and inconvenient cables.Meanwhile,no software or wifi connection required.We have added two buttons so you can switch high-low rate or multi-channel with ease.NOTE:Do not install multiple kits in the same location as it may cause signal interference.)
- 【656FT Long Distance Wireless Transmit】We set up the external dual antenna and get the long transmitter distance that reaches 656 ft/200 meters(line of sight) in an open field and if through 1 wall the signal can transmit 15-20m/49ft-65ft.
- 【Built-in IR Remote Control】With built-in IR signal extension,you can control source device at the receiver and it supports 30HZ IR transmission.On the other hand,the delay time between wireless transmitter and receiver is less than 300ms,but the loop-out has a zero latency and can use for a local display.
- 【Support Many HDMI Devices】PAKITE wireless video transmitter and receiver can work with most HDMI equipped devices,including DVD,DVR,IPTV,CCTV blu-ray players,set-top boxes,cable/satellite boxes and computer systems.Note:One transmitter could only support one receiver,but you can use more than 1 pair in same space.If you have any questions or concerns regarding this product,please contact with us without hesitation.
4. Nyrius ARIES Home HDMI Digital Wireless Transmitter & Receiver
Accessories and Look
Have cables and transmitter with the receiver with some useful wires. Have a black color scheme and a unique design as well.
Specifications and Quality
Another product from Nyrius. They offer perfect wireless coax cable transmitters and also have excellent compatibility with other devices as well. Therefore it is better to have a device that is compatible with most of the devices rather than buying different items for different devices.
Have long-range accessibility without any loss. Supports most of the audio and video formats. Compatible with almost every HDMI and coax cable operated devices.
Overall, very well designed products which have a lot of features and specifications to give to their users. Best fit for those who have a lot of appliances to use.
- Wirelessly stream HD 1080p 3D video and surround sound audio up to 100ft from cable box, Bluray player, gaming console, satellite, PC, Mac, laptop, and more (Streaming line of sight results in maximum range)
- Powerful long range signal transmits uncompressed high definition video and audio through walls, ceilings, and floors with zero latency
- Control your HD devices from any room in your house with the included infrared remote extender
- Easy to install plug 'n play set up eliminates the need to install expensive, messy cables
- No software or no wireless network required; Transmitter 1x HDMI input, Receiver: 1x HDMI output
How Can it Be Wireless?
Now, the question arises after studying what a coax cable is that how someone can make it wireless while it is a wire in itself. After a lot of research, a method was introduced through which it can become wireless. Two new significant tools were invented to solve this problem. One is the receiver, and the other one was a transmitter.
What benefits do we get when it becomes wireless? The answer hides in the limitations of coax cable. We know that it can’t be used for long distances, and this is what has been solved after making it wireless. Now, you can use your television without worrying about how you are going to do wiring inside your house.
You it has to set up your transmitter at the end where your main coax cable is present, and the receiver will be near to your television. After connecting all of them, you will be able to enjoy your television without any wire or cable. This is the futuristic approach for those who still love to watch television but don’t want to make holes and wire fittings all around their houses.
But, you may wonder where you can buy these and which will be best for you. Do not worry about it as we are here to help you. We have selected four wireless coax cable transmitters for you. These are the bests among all of them which are available in the market right now. So, just take a look at them and select the one for yourself to make your coax television connection wireless and use your television anywhere you want without wires.
A wireless coax cable transmitter is a futuristic step that will evolve our way of using cabled devices. Though this is very beneficial for long-range coverage, there are also chances of Interference with other radio signals as well.
But, this thing of worry does not have a higher chance of happening. Therefore, if you have to buy the one, then observe your house, make a fantastic range and then select the one perfect device for you. Hopefully, this will help you a lot.